Thursday 11 December 2008

Christmas Cheer

Its been a really busy few weeks, helping daughter to get her place sorted and also visiting father in law more than we have done previously. Now he's on his own I think that most weekends will be like that,  shopping for him or just visiting. His only close family is us or a couple of cousins who have their own families.

I've not been feeling that great for a while and after some investigation at the hospital its been discovered that I've got a Gall stone! My OH spent his birthday yesterday at the hospital while I had a endoscopy, he did get tea and biscuits what more could you ask for. I have an appointment next week with surgeon to find out what is going to happen about the stone.

Tonight we are having the family over for dinner, so his birthday starts when he gets home tonight! This time of year is always busy for us as the 4 of us have our birthdays between the 10th and 31st of December we call it bad planning not family planning! Then sons girlfriend has her birthday on the same day as daughter so that 5 birthdays and I must'nt forget my nephew who is also in December!!!!!! anybody else that wants to join the family is going to be vetted  and no December birthdays will be allowed.


Last Friday we had the ERTF Essex Christmas meal it was really nice to get together socially. This lunch time the girls from my C&G class got together for lunch also a good idea as we had a good meal and had a chat. Not that its unusual for us to chat we sometimes spend the whole of Thursdays talking, although we've only known each other for a short time we all seem to get on really well and we have been talking about starting a group when the class finishes in June, it sounds very exciting! Tomorrow I'm off to the ERTF committee meeting, they are usually marathons, hopefully this one will be fairly short, we'll have to see I wont hold my breath!!!


While all this has been happening I've been getting on with my panel and also I'm getting close to finishing a double quilt for my brother and sister in laws 25th wedding anniversary next year, I've given myself a lot of time to get it done, I can do without any pressure at the moment.

Reading this back I sound quite fed up, I'm not apart from the stomach problems everything is great, and I really love this time of year even though on the 31st I'll be 53!

No comments:

Post a Comment