Thursday 9 May 2013

A Wave


I found a post in my drafts that I started writing on 10th April, I got side tracked..... it's so out of date there's no point in putting it up.  I must show the chocolate cake and apple crumble  I made and took to James and Becky's at Easter, Rachel made cornflake cakes.






That's all so long ago now and since I blogged about my list it grew and grew and.....then lots got crossed off! Phew!

Most days Betsy and I walk with a group of dogs and their owners of course, occasionally we go and feed the geese, ducks and swans. One of the ladies we walk with is Mary, everyone calls her the 'dog whisperer', the dogs all love her, maybe because she has a huge bag of treats with her every day!!! It's a lovely place to walk especially now the weather has improved and the ground isn't like a bog.



There were nine dogs walking this day!

During the Bank holiday Dave and I sorted out our wardrobes and have six bags of clothes waiting to go to the charity shop. I'm not sure if we were both hoarding or we were just being lazy, I had three black tailored suits leftovers from when I worked in a Ladies Clothes shop and smart was the order of the day. Had I been harbouring thoughts of returning to that sort of work, NO! But one thing I did decide to part with is this Aran Jumper, I knitted it about 30 years ago, I haven't worn it for years but have kept it because I still love it. Rachel is going to give it a new home, it's really baggy on her but I sold it to her as  RETRO it will be cosy on those winter nights when she wants to snuggle up. SOLD! And I have lots of space to fill with new clothes....... And I have an irresistible urge to knit something now.







Finally all my work for the Seeking Artemis Exhibition is finished and on Tuesday these will be -


Just a snippet


Another Snippet



hanging here or -



here.......



and there will be some of these. It is a really interesting space, there will be more images once the Exhibition is hung.


Meanwhile I've been working like a mad woman to catch up on my City and Guild work, lots of samples finished and two design folders almost completed. I'm using this photo as my inspiration for my first project, I took this photo a few years ago on the beach at Bamburgh, Northumberland. I've decided to do a table runner and I may even do some place mats to go with it later if I have enough fabric (and time) I need to get some samples ready to show when I go to class next Wednesday, Janice was happy with the design I've come up with, a relief.


At the weekend it seemed as though summer had arrived sitting in the garden eating dinner having BBQ's but today it's all changed. Hope it's Summer where ever you are.

3 comments:

  1. I took 4 bags of clothes to a charity shop the other day, that had been in the spare room for months, only to find out that it had closed for the afternoon! I must drop them off tomorrow. Thanks for the invite to your PV, unfortunately I won't be able to come as I'm off to Agadir with Dominique on Saturday. Good luck with the evening and congratulations on exhibiting in London. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snippets are very enticing, and SUCH a lot of stitching. Good luck with the exhibition. The photo of Bamburgh is beautiful - looking forward to seeing your C&G pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh it must be spring, because I too have cleared out some clothes. Might need to go in the textile recycle bin, as I cut off buttons - well they were made of shell. Love the photo - have you see Ann Brauer's work - me a non quilter, loves it, this photo ideal.

    ReplyDelete