Tuesday 2 February 2010

Private View

I think yesterday can be declared a success!

Firstly I went to the gym,not sure I'll call that a success, I'll know what to call it after my first assessment tomorrow!!!!!Then it was off to set up The Material Girls exhibition, it's the third one that I've taken part in, the work is lovely even though I say so myself. When I was there I had to make numerous phone calls to find out when my Mum is to have her CT scan, finally I got to speak to someone. It's good I phoned as her appointment is on Thursday and no letter has arrived, I'm calling that a success(I'm being positive about all of this).Our visit to the consultant last week showed that her ovaries are clear but there is something on the liver, this has to be investigated?

Last night it was the private view of the exhibition 'UNSEEN', lots of lovely people came, fiends, relations, blogging friends and other textile people. A few pieces were sold from the exhibition. This year was the first time we had a sales table of cards and the usual sorts of things that you get at these events, I sold a brooch,success? Lots of nice comments about the work, success!!!

Today it's back to the exhibition again as we have a 'Meet the Maker' event, more of a chat and networking thing really. Then it's lunch with the Aqua-8 group and then a visit with my Mum as I didn't get to see her yesterday.

I hope to get better pictures of the exhibition today but these are the two pieces that were sold.



I must eat my breakfast, drink my coffee and go and pick up supplies for the event, all that chat will make us thirsty and biscuits would be nice!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the invite to last nights event. I did enjoy myself, lots of lovely work to view and a good natter too. A lovely way to spend an evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful exhibition, lovely to see all the work and know some of the artists too. Well done to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. I am going to visit the exhibition this week - can't wait.It looks fantastic in the pics. Material Girls are a very talented group of ladies. You must all be proud of yourselves.

    ReplyDelete