Saturday 24 November 2012

What's Going On?

The kitchen floor has been tiled it looks really good (Betsy was a nightmare), so Thursday and Friday while the electrician was working  she went to stay with  her  Mum, Dad and the rest of her doggy family. She became firm friends with a four week old Schnoodle, he apparently bullied her relentlessly (I think they have the same Dad), he is such a cute little thing, I was telling Dave and showed him the video Nita sent of them playing, his words were NO!!!! DEFINITELY NO!. He's a worried man, he thinks I want another dog, hmmm! Today there's a plasterer here and Betsy is so tired from her two days away she has settled down and is sleeping it off! Hopefully when the kitchen fitter starts work on Monday she'll be as well behaved as she is today...... ( I know it would have been sensible to have the floor tiled after the plastering but the cooker is being fitted on Tuesday and the floor needed to be ready before then.....) Meanwhile I'm stitching, stitching, stitching, thankfully I'm working on an Large Art Quilt for the Seeking Artemis Exhibition so when the heating is off I'm keeping warm.

 I did go to the William Morris Gallery, it has definitely improved since my last visit. I remembered it being very dark, no longer (apart from where the light would affect the exhibits). It's a lovely light museum with a very nice cafe (No I didn't have any cake). If your in London it is well worth  visiting and it's free, whilst there I  got to see the Society of Designer Craftsmen exhibition too!


One of many wooden printing blocks with brass inlay 

Wallpaper (sorry about the reflection)


The Winter Craft Market wasn't such a great success, at least I didn't make lots of bits specifically for this occasion. I tried but I don't think I'd bother doing it again.

Really good news I have the feeling back in my knee, I went for the first physiotherapy session this week. I was told that as I have no symptoms at this point they would usually be discharging me. I've got exercises to do and I'm  back next week to see how I'm getting on, and they are going to enrol me in six sessions of Pilate's that should be fun!

Now I can walk properly Betsy is back to having longer walks which we have both missed, that's when the weather allows, I don't mind the cold its the rain that makes things horrible.

This week I'm going to my regular C&G class and as an extra on Friday I'm off to Art Van Go with the class for a demonstration and then a play with the products, this could prove to be an expensive day, tell you more next time!


Oh well off to make another coffee for the plasterer......


7 comments:

  1. Glad your knee is improving, Pilates is actually very relaxing and makes you feel great. AVG will def be expensive, might get you to do some shopping for me. How is the course going. You missed a great talk at Chelmsford EG last Mon from a C&G tutor of Patchwork. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane send me a list of what you want. I can deliver to you when we meet for lunch!

      Delete
  2. I've been checking out about pilates too, though my neck and shoulder have been much better in the last couple of days.
    FIngers crossed for both of us that we are on the route to recovery.
    So possibly a man friend for Betsy then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are recovering and going for walks again, I bet Betsy is pleased as well! You'll enjoy the Pilates. I've also been under my quilting keeping warm! Enjoy your classes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your knee is getting better. Just LOVE the brass inlay! How lucky you are to go to Art Van Go - have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miriam: a few days ago, I recieved the little quilt that you sent me.

    It' s so beutiful! Really love it!!! The colors and the details are greats.

    Your work is awesome and now, I want to try whit another textil thechnique (in my country the patchwork, qulting and textil work are not a populars arts).

    Thank you so much!
    (Sorry- my english is bad!)

    Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so pleased your leg is improving and betsy can have long walks. I think she will e very grateful that the plasterer has nearly finished.

    ReplyDelete