Saturday 26 June 2010

Yet Another Busy Time

I know I've not posted for a while but I have been busy. Last week I met a friend, she made me a lovely lunch, we went to an exhibition of City and Guilds Diploma work. Some of the class we did our Certificate with have gone on to do modules from the diploma. Their work is lovely but I'm so glad I decided not to carry on. I would never have coped with everything that has happened during the last year and I'm better off going to Material Girls and The Art Quilt Group and enjoying them.
This week I went to the Quilt Group, I'm getting on ok with the wall hanging, it's going into an exhibition in September. I need to be quilting it by the next time we meet. Thursday I met up with friends and went to see the Julia Capara Textile School Graduation show, there was more work there this year that I liked. No images sorry couldn't take photos! We then walked to Spitalfield Market and went to Luxe a cafe, we were shown to our table by John Torode of Master Chef fame!

Friday was a bit of a mixed day, in the morning I went to my Mum's sisters funeral, the last of her siblings to pass away, it wasn't a nice thing to go to so soon after Mum. I went with my brother we didn't go on to the wake.

(The Barbican, I'd love to live there, need to win the lottery first!)


In the afternoon I took the train up to London and met Dave, Rachel and Alec, James was performing at the Barbican with Gyratory System, they were part of the Blaze Free Events. They were really really good, plenty of new songs in the set that I've not heard before. It was a strange event it took place in the foyer so people were wondering through, some carried on through while others sat down and listened.

The Band


Lights above the stage

James on stage

Alec had something else on after so just four of us went to Smith's of Smithfield for dinner, just by chance a John Torode restaurant, we have been there before, so I suppose you could say we like the food.

Today Dave has discovered a new hobby trying to get an automatic watering system set up. The weather here is really hot and I cant remember when we last had rain. Sadly the set up isn't as easy as he thought but he's a persevering!

Tomorrow we are all going to Mum's to starting sorting out the house. It's a job that none of us really want to do!



3 comments:

  1. Don't ever get a dog, they dig it all up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howard calling the puppy Bo, I want to spell it Beau. BUT I now think we should call him Benson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. James's band look good! Lovely to see you last week. Hoping for happier times ahead for you.

    ReplyDelete