Monday 28 June 2010

Sorting Out

Yesterday we started sorting through the things at Mum's, there were 11 of us there at one point. It was sad at times and funny at others, Rachel was sorting through a cupboard and found my swimming certificates and old school photographs, this gave everyone a laugh. Then she found old photo's of my brother with his long curly hair, he now shaves his head, so that caused a bit of a stir, the younger ones don't remember him with hair! It was amazing how many cards Mum had kept, we found cards that were sent when I was born, sadly most of the other cards have been put in the recycling. We just cant keep everything, it has made me think about the things that I hoard. One treasure we found was a black doll that Mum had when she was evacuated during the second world war, she gave it to me when I was little. I can remember walking in the garden with it, Mum then came out and took it back. Then when Rachel was small Mum gave it to her, but mysteriously it went back into her cupboard again, obviously she couldn't part with it. Poor thing it needs some tlc after being shut up for so long I'm going to find out where I can get her repaired. Today James and Becky are taking clothes to the charity shop, we still have a long way to go! It really isn't easy sorting out what to keep and what to throw away, obviously all these things meant something to Mum.

In the afternoon I watched the matched, 90 minutes of my life gone that I'll never get back.Dave is still fiddling with the watering system, I was only joking when I said he had a new hobby, but I think I might be right!!!!

I've come across this blog through Gina have a look at Silverpebble it's a lovely blog and she's doing a pass the book.


I hope I win I loved Cranford when it was on the TV and would like to read the book. I could do with my luck turning! In fact I've just this minute decided that if I don't win I'm going to buy the book for myself.

3 comments:

  1. Even though I would like to win the book giveaway... I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very painful time for you all, I shall keep my fingers crossed that you get the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to enter the draw and if I win, I will give the book to you.

    ReplyDelete