Tuesday 12 October 2010

I'm In Love!

I've fallen in love with my new sewing machine it's a Bernina 440QE, today I made this quilt top. It's a small throw made from a Jelly Roll that I bought years ago on holiday in Charlottesville, W Virginia. While I was sewing I was watching 'A Walton's Easter', it was a real coincidence while we were in Virginia we visited the Walton Museum. I was telling my quilting group about finding the Walton's museum only last week.








I've got a new machine and last weekend my Mum's machine went to a new home, I was quite sad to see it go. That machine made my wedding dress, and a few other wedding dresses too! It also made most of my clothes when I was a child. But it was nice to know that it's going to be put to good use, Rachel's friend has taken it he's going to make a new top for his convertible car. I think Mum would have approved and the machine will cope, she once made us a tent using that machine.


At the weekend we had a bit of a tidy in the garden, there are still lots of things blooming. So today I took out the camera and thought I'd share with you.




Princess Diana Rose

5 comments:

  1. Hppy stitching on your new sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have a Bernina and although I hardly use it, working almost always by hand, they really are gorgeous machines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt top and how good that you were able to do it in a day, i'm impressed. I have just planted some climbers over some new trellis and one of them is a passion flower, hope it is as healthy as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm I think this "love" thingie must be something in the air. I've yet to find out whether I love or hate Kate's sewing machine, when I get it down from the loft I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you like your new machine. The quilt top looks wonderful, I really like the fabric.

    ReplyDelete