Sunday 21 June 2009

Father's Day and All That



Dave is pleased that J & R have clubbed together to get him a session of clay pigeon shooting, for Father's Day when he's had a bit of practice he could try it out on the real pigeons that like to land in our garden and keep eyeing up my vegetables! (only joking). we had the Father in Law here for lunch and he seemed to enjoy the barbecue and also the t shirt that we bought for him, especially as he thinks it wont need to be ironed, he's not into ironing! (join the club).

I've had a nice couple of days, I started on my pieces for the ERTF exhibition that's in Cambridge in September, and I've also started making a quilt for our bed. I purchased the fabric in Charlottesville VA, a couple of years ago, on the last day of our holiday, we had travelled all around Virginia, we started in Washington DC, on route I had managed to pick up lots of fabrics from the lovely patchwork shops in the US and as usual had to buy another case to bring it all back. This shop Cottonwood quilt shop was lovely and the batiks, well I just had to have it! Until now the block of wonderful stuff has been sitting on the side in my workroom and I've just been drooling over the colours. A few weeks ago I took the fabric block with me to my C&G class so they could all look at it too, my friend Sheila gave me a pattern and encouraged me to let go of my obsession and make the quilt that I had actually bought the fabric for. Last week I took the plunge got out my rotary cutter out and now I'm stitching it into a lovely quilt. I'll keep you posted on that one, promise! see my lovely fabric before I cut it!

This week is going to be a full one, I think I've only got one day at home, even then I've got someone coming for coffee at some point. I did invite her for Friday, then when checked my calender discovered that I wouldn't be here, that could have proved embarrassing and lost me a friend at the same time, oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment