Thursday 17 November 2011

Domestic Goddess (NOT)

Things with Betsy seem to be settling down. Betsy and I  have started going to obedience classes once a week, Dave says he's noticed a difference in ME not the dog!!!!!! She is still waking at six in the morning but I'm used to it now and don't mind it at all anymore!  I probably shouldn't speak to soon but the toilet training seems to be getting there too, 2 wee's yesterday on the floor (thank goodness for laminate flooring) and only one today! Look at that face, I can forgive her anything..........


No textile work to show, I have been getting on with work for the Material Girls next exhibition, 2012 is going to be a really busy year for us.

Last weekend we went to George's Naming Ceremony, it's the first of these I've been to. I was really thrilled to be asked to be a witness, I wasn't sure what to expect as I've only been to Christenings before, but it was a lovely day and a great way of welcoming a baby into the world. 
 
Christmas is approaching fast, I'm buying most of the presents on the internet this year, I'm not in love with shopping. Last year proved a bit of a disaster, a couple of parcels didn't arrive at all, but I decided to give it another go. I've started earlier this year and the first parcel has arrived today, so that's a good start.

I've even made the Christmas cake, I'm giving the Delia 'cake in a box' a try, all I needed to add was the butter, eggs and the peel from a lemon and an orange. So easy and I feel like a domestic goddess without all the mess! There is a casserole in the slow cooker, just waiting for Dave to get home, he's been away for a few days, boy he'll be impressed when he get's home.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Miriam, so glad you are NOT a domestic goddess!!I like the idea of the cake in a box - brilliant! I love your little dog, glad to know the obedience classes are working for one of you!I wrestle with wanting a dog again maybe a dog on a blog will have to do!
    I've had problems leaving comments on some blogs as well. It all takes time, and like you sometimes other activities take precedence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky Dave, coming home to a casserole, cake and a wife whose turned into a domestic goddess.
    Did he feel that all his Christmases had come at once?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Miriam, isn't she looking so sweet. Great training is working for one of you - of course you do realise that the dog is training you, not the other way around. She's already altered the time you get up in the morning. Hope you are online ordering the dog's pressies - mustn't let her see them in advance you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute face. Must get cracking with my Christmas cake soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dehlia cake that's cheating for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane I know, I know but we are all allowed to cheat occasionally !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. On researching Dehlia's Christmas cake her kit is the same as the one she has recommended for years in her Xmas books. So no cheating, just less wastage of dried fruit. Looking forward to the cake tasting at Craft Arena post Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in denial about christmas except for selling things so I haven't got a thing yet. My husband and I are not buying each other presents as we got Hetty instead!
    My sons want money so they can survive and apart from that I don't have much to get at all. Which is a good thing as I really can't be bothered!
    Glad to hear the toilet training is still not completed. I was thinking Hetty was a bit slow but Betsy is a month older so I know what to expect! She sleeps til 8.30 ish and doesn't cry. we are lucky.

    ReplyDelete