Wednesday 10 October 2012

Holiday in Mauritius










I wanted to share with you some of the images from our recent visit to Mauritius, the island is so beautiful and the people are lovely. Unfortunately half way through the first week of the stay I had a really bad back ache and that put an end to anymore sight seeing. Luckily the day of our twelve and a half hour flight home my back improved, so the journey home was relatively pain free! But the day after I ended up needing to visit the Accident and Emergency unit at our local hospital.  My left leg was numb from the knee to the ankle, as a precaution I was treated as though I had a DVT, luckily my sister in law (she is a nurse) was able to inject me in the stomach with a blood thinning drug until I could get an appointment at the  DVT clinic.  It was confirmed yesterday that it isn't a DVT,  thankfully. I must say that I was surprised to be asked by the hospital if they could give me the medication and to do it myself?  It is thought that I have a trapped nerve in my spine so now I'm waiting for that to be investigated. Oh dear now we feel as though we've not had a holiday!

5 comments:

  1. Poor you... hope you get your back and leg sorted out soon and glad it wasn't DVT. It looks as though you still had an amazing holiday though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a worry for you. Put those feet up and catch up on some reading. Thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm quite envious of your holiday but I'm sorry you had such trouble with your leg. I hope its all better soon. Did something happen when you were there to start it off? I must say I wouldn't relish a twelve hour flight for that very reason. I can hardly move when I've been in the car for a couple of hours if I'm not driving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look mauritius pics and i like very much mauritius and i hope, i will enjoy holidays in this place and thanks for refering.. Mauritius Holidays

    ReplyDelete