Friday 19 February 2010

Good And Not So Good

The news wasn't good when we took Mum to get the results of her CT scan, a mass on her pelvic bone and liver. We are waiting for a biopsy on the bone. She is in hospital and on a drip to sort out the high calcium levels, on the positive side she is very cheerful! She always had a good sense of humour and for quite a while that's not been there, its back and she's sitting up in bed and holding court. Before being admitted to hospital she spent a lot of time sleeping, now she's awake and taking in all that's going on around her. She is very weak and cant walk on her own, shes using a walking aid and has to have someone with her. Yesterday when I went to visit she was being taken for an x-ray, she had tried to get out of bed on her own and fallen, no serious damage has been done! A couple of bruises and she managed to pull the cannula out. We have to wait and see what happens next, I think from now on it will be one day at a time!
On a more cheerful note tomorrow I'm going to a workshop with the Chelmsford embroiderers guild, I'm really looking forward to that. I went to drop off some pieces of work at Chrissythreads sadly our talk last weekend was cancelled as Chris was really unwell, thankfully shes recovered! I had a nice surprise when she gave me the money that I'd made from the sales at the Material Girls exhibition. It's a shame I cant get to Cottenham to see Sharne, Nickie, and ERTF and spend my money on the sales tables, but I have asked Chris to get me a sketch book. I'll just have to make do by reading everyone elses blogs to see what I've missed!

2 comments:

  1. Being positive is so important for all involved. Let's hope the news isn't too bad. Thinking of you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that your mother is not too well. I hope they can find the right treatment soon.

    ReplyDelete