Tuesday 2 February 2010

Meet the Maker



I didn't take more photographs of the work today lots of chatting. When I arrived at the gallery there was a class from a local school, they were doing the worksheets that Chrissythreads had devised and later they asked questions about our work. They all loved Jill's skeleton series, she even had one boy offering to buy a piece, he is going back with his parents! With permission from the teacher I took a photo of the class asking their questions, maybe a few budding textile artists amongst them who knows? It's such a shame that I cant show a picture of their faces and how bright and excited they were, but then I didn't take a picture of their faces! This gallery is a wonderful resource for the local schools, the children get lots of opportunities to see all sorts of exhibitions, I wish that it had been around when I was a child.

Meet the maker could have had more visitors but it gave us more time to chat to the people that did come.
I would like to say thanks to everyone that did come along last night and today your support is very much appreciated. I'd also like to say thanks for your comments on my blog, I'd better finish now before this turns into an Oscar speech......

2 comments:

  1. It looks like it was a great success. Just wished I lived nearer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that your show is such a success. I think that is neat that children are so interested in it. I'll continue to keep my fingers crossed for your mother.

    ReplyDelete